Interested in Proposing a Project?
The Keck Geology Consortium seeks proposals for Gateway and Advanced student research projects:
- An Overview of Keck Programs
- Download Request for Proposals for 2023-24 (PDF)
- Download Example Proposal (PDF)
- Contact Karl Wirth or Cam Davidson to discuss project opportunities or ideas.
02 Oct: Proposals due for 2023-24 projects
Faculty Recommender and/or Mentor/Advisor?
Information for Faculty Recommenders
If you agreed to serve as a FACULTY RECOMMENDER, you should receive a copy of the completed application from the student applicant and a copy of her/his transcript before you complete your online Faculty Recommendation. More information on preparing a Faculty Recommendation.
Information for Faculty Mentors/Research Advisors
If you agreed to serve as a FACULTY MENTOR/ADVISOR, you should receive a copy of the completed application from the student applicant before you complete the online Faculty Mentor/Advisor Form. More information on the responsibilities of a Faculty Mentor/Advisor.
Important: Please note that Faculty Recommenders and Faculty Mentors/Advisors are not necessarily the same person.
Download Flyer of 2023-24 Projects
15 Feb Student Applications due
22 Feb Faculty Recommendations due
Project Director or Faculty for 2022-23 Project?
Guidelines for Short Contributions:
Below are general formatting guidelines for both student and Director submissions to Keck Geology Consortium Proceedings. Please look at examples of Short Contributions from past Proceedings volumes to see the general style and content. Such contributions should lay out the general background, scientific questions and goals as well as place each student’s research into context. This is not the place to wax at length on faculty research. Deadlines are as follows:
- Student Draft to on-campus research Advisor: by early April – talk to your Student!!
- First student draft to Project Director: by Monday 24 April 2023
- Final draft of both Student and Projector Directors papers to the Keck Office: by Monday 01 May 2023
- Galley proofs returned to students and project directors for final review: by Monday 15 May 2023
- Final copy edits of galley proofs to Keck Office: by Monday May 22 2023
Resources for Short Contributions and other Publications:
Link to Instructions to Authors of Short Contributions
Poster Logos: Keck Banner, National Science Foundation
On both your Short Contribution and on any subsequent publications, you MUST acknowledge the support for your project from the Keck Geology Consortium and The National Science Foundation (see below). The current NSF grant number is NSF-REU 2050697*
Guidelines for Publications Mandated by The National Science Foundation
early Apr Student Drafts to Campus Advisors
24 Apr Revised Drafts to Project Directors
01 May Final Drafts to Keck Office
15 May Galleys returned for proofing
22 May Final copy edits to Keck Office
Resources for Project Directors and Faculty
- Faculty Medical-Dietary Information Form
- Faculty Fellowship Form
- Personal Vehicle Use Liability Waiver (Optional online form)l)
- Project Director/Faculty Handbook
- Information for Academic Advisors
- Advisor Responsibilities