Interested in Proposing a Project?
The Keck Geology Consortium seeks proposals for Gateway and Advanced student research projects:
- An Overview of Keck Programs
- Download Request for Proposals for the 2017-21 Funding Cycle (PDF)
- Download Example Proposal (PDF)
- Contact Karl Wirth or Cam Davidson to discuss project opportunities or ideas.
22 Sept 2019: Project proposals for 2020-21 reviewed during GSA in Phoenix
Faculty Recommender and/or Mentor/Advisor?
Information for Faculty Recommenders
If you agreed to serve as a FACULTY RECOMMENDER, you should receive a copy of the completed application from the student applicant and a copy of her/his transcript before you complete your online Faculty Recommendation. More information on preparing a Faculty Recommendation.
Information for Faculty Mentors/Research Advisors
If you agreed to serve as a FACULTY MENTOR/ADVISOR, you should receive a copy of the completed application from the student applicant before you complete the online Faculty Mentor/Advisor Form. More information on the responsibilities of a Faculty Mentor/Advisor.
Project Director or Faculty for 2019-20 Project?
Guidelines for Short Contributions:
This document is sent to students but has the general formatting guidelines for both student and Director’s submissions. Please look at past Symposium Director’s submissions to see the general style and content. Such contributions should lay out the general background, scientific questions and goals as well as place each student’s research into context. This is not the place to wax at length on faculty research. Deadlines are as follows:
- Student Draft to Research Advisor: by Late February – talk to your Student!!
- First student draft to Project Director: by Friday March 1, 2019
- Final draft of both Student and Projector Directors papers to the Keck Office: by Friday March 15 , 2019
- Galley proofs returned to students and project directors for final review: by Monday April 15, 2019
- Final copy edits of galley proofs to Keck Office: by Monday April 29, 2019
Resources for Short Contributions and other Publications:
*On both your Short Contribution and on any subsequent publications, you MUST acknowledge the support for your project from the Keck Geology Consortium and The National Science Foundation (see below). The current NSF grant number is NSF-REU1659322*
28 Feb Student Drafts to On-Campus Advisors
02 Mar Revised Drafts to Project Directors
16 Mar Final Drafts to Keck Office
16 Apr Galleys returned for proofing
30 Apr Final copy edits to Keck Office
Resources for Project Directors and Faculty
- Faculty Medical-Dietary Information Form
- Faculty Fellowship Form
- Personal Vehicle Use Liability Waiver (Optional online form)l)
- Project Director/Faculty Handbook
- Information for Academic Advisors
- Advisor Responsibilities