Project Directors and Students are required to submit a four-six page Short Contribution for publication in the Keck Geology Consortium Short Contributions Volume. The Consortium also encourages Project Directors and Students to present the results of their research at regional and national meetings of professional organizations such as the Geological Society of America, and to publish their research in peer-reviewed journals. If you plan to present or publish, please follow the guidelines below.
The Short Contributions to the Keck Geology Consortium volume serves many purposes. First and foremost, the volume is a citable publication and is part of the permanent record. Additionally, the Consortium uses the volume for fund raising and to promote undergraduate research in the geosciences.
Please review short contributions from previous years to get a feel for the length (4-6 pages) and writing style of these papers. Read and carefully follow the detailed instructions found here: Instructions for Authors.
- Draft of Short Contribution to on-campus research advisor: late February
- First draft of Short Contribution to project director: Friday, March 15, 2019
- Final draft of student and project director Short Contributions to the Keck Office: Friday, March 29, 2019 (send to: email@example.com)
- Galley proofs of Short Contributions returned to students and project directors for final review: Friday, April 19, 2019
- Final copy edits of galley proofs due to Keck Office: Friday, April 26, 2019 (send to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Presentations and Other Publications
IMPORTANT: Students must contact their Project Director(s) well before submitting any work based on a research project completed through the Keck Geology Consortium. If you cannot find contact information for your former Project Director(s), please contact the Keck Consortium Office (Info@KeckGeology.org).
Acknowledgement of Support
The Keck Geology Consortium is funded by the member schools and the National Science Foundation, and must be included in your acknowledgments on posters and in published journal articles.
1) Include the following statement in any publication (including Web pages) of any material based on or developed under a Keck Consortium project: “This material is based upon work supported by the Keck Geology Consortium and the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1659322.”
2) Keck and NSF support also must be orally acknowledged during all news media interviews, including popular media such as radio, television and news magazines.
3) Keck and NSF logos to be used for poster or PowerPoint presentations are available below.